Monday 31 March 2014

Love you mr.stubborn! (part 1)





I got down at Kanpur station and checked my watch.It was 8 am to be precise and I was here standing at the platform at the city of my dreams.The place where I was going to spend the next 4 precious years of my life, IIT Kanpur. Somehow accompanying my dad, I reached the campus and was settled at girls hostel.
The classes we
re to start from tomorrow so me and my roommate had a whole day to roam around in the campus.My roommate's name was Gayatri and she was from Bhagalpur , Bihar . She was a short heighted girl with sharp features and was always in a happy and chirpy mood. The atmosphere around her was always positive and happy.
The best thing about Iits is they always have some competitions going on throughout the year. And being a fresher, We were clueless about them.As soon as we entered a building , treasure Hunt was going on. And a group of boys were running in all possible directions looking for something. Suddenly one of the guys from the group walked in our direction.He was a slightly tall guy with well built personality and his dressing sense depicted that he was from a well to do family. 
he came to us and asked us "can one of you please lend us your earrings? actually a game of treasure hunt is going on and we are in for our last clue and it is an earring " .  We thought for a while then I reluctantly gave him mine. He told us to meet at Singh's dhaba at 5 pm in the evening so that he can return it back. Then he walked away. Meanwhile, Gayatri was furious on me for lending a stranger my earring.According to her it was kind of stupid thing to do because we knew nothing about that guy.
It was 5:10 and I was here at Singh's dhaba . Being a newbie , It took a while to locate this place.
the place was not so decorated , but was clean and open and I could see a few students , most of them having Maggie here. Then I saw him. He was standing beside his cycle under a tree in the corner. I walked towards him.
He said " first of all thank you for the earring, we won the competition and my name is rishabh, Rishabh Verma." Then I never knew that this name will get so important to me that It will change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment